Friday, April 20, 2012

Outlet Finds

While my sister-in-law was visiting, we went to the Tanger Outlets because I wanted to hit a Pottery Barn outlet.  I did get two things from the PB outlet.  One was this wine holder.  The top pulls out with a table top and the drawer will be great for keeping wine glass charms and the wine openers.

DSC06969_6041

We’ve been needing to get something for the wine.  The piece we had at our old house was small and a bit too wobbly.  My only surprise at this piece is the tag attached to the little knob.

DSC06973_6044

Really? Lead in this day and age! For shame Pottery Barn.  Now I have to look for similar hardware to replace these.  With a small grandchild that walks around touching everything, I’m not taking any chances.  The second thing I got was this little rabbit candleholder. 

DSC06987_6058

Final price for this was $4.99!  He was originally $14.99.  Love him and I need to find him a nice spot to sit. 

DSC06989_6060

We then saw an Oops Outlet.  We weren’t sure what it was but found books when we walked in.  I always love to find some good books at a bargain.  I found this one.

DSC06974_6045

The French Connection.  A great price for $7.00 and by one of my favorite designers ~ Betty Lou Phillips.  Some great pictures in this book; I’m looking forward to a day to sit and look through it.

DSC06975_6046

DSC06976_6047

After seeing this dining room picture.

DSC06977_6048

A little closer look shows off these great figures incorporated into the tablescape.  This is for Marty and Debbie!

DSC06978_6049

Then I saw this really cute nursery/child’s bedroom and look at that chandy!  Well, the bottom of it anyway. This one is for Amy!

DSC06979_6050

Finally, one showing artwork with lambs and I know how Debra loves her lambs, so I had to share this one.

DSC06980_6051

Not a bad shopping day and I will plan on going back when I have a little more leisure time to walk around and see what other stores are there.  My sister-in-law is so sweet ~ she left me this little gift bag on the guest room bed the day she left.

DSC06982_6053

A nice little candle and these little French Soaps.

DSC06984_6055

They look like little pillows and say Bonjour!  I guess she got the overall feel of our home! 

Don’t forget to enter my Pick Your Plum Giveaway! It’s a box full of $75.00 worth of product from them!  I just bought two little rompers for my granddaughter the other day from them.

16 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a great day you had!

You'd be surprised shopping here, those tags are on a lot of things, even at Home Goods!!! I've seen them on a lot of picture frames.

Have a great weekend!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Lucky girl! I've always wanted to find a PB outlet but none are near here ;)

You got great stuff. I can't believe that tag, wow! Now I'll be checking all tags.


Sweet of your SIL to leave you that little gift!

Have a great day!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, love your wine cabinet, but I agree, what is with the pulls, really? The bunny is wonderful, so fun to decorate with. Your book looks like a great one, I love the figurines, they are so fun and yes, that does look like me and Deb. Sure wish we had a Pottery Barn Outlet here, but none that I can find. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

It sounds like you had a productive day! We have an outlet mall about an hour and a half away and I am dying to go to it one day! Love your wine holder but what a bummer about the knobs! I love your little bunny and book, too. PB was full of bunnies around Easter, maybe they are knocking the big price tags off about now!

Have a great weekend, Kathy!

XO,
Jane

Okio B Designs said...

Lead handles? Crazy. I know last summer a lot of their galvanized tin items (which are supposed to hold food) had similar warnings? I guess someone fell asleep at the PB wheel b/c why would you put food in them then??? Cute soaps from C!

J

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I can't believe we still have to worry 'bout lead in 'new' products these days. Booger!!!

It is a wonderful find though along with at book. Wow...what a buy girl!!!

Those little soaps are precious! Just right for a guest bath. :o)

God bless and have a fantastic weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Don't ya just love the Pottery Barn Outlet?!!...I wish that there was one close to me....but then again, it may be a good thing!....Great finds Kathy...looks like you had a great day of shopping!

Have a great weekend!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I would love to go to a PB outlet.
Looks like you found some great stuff. Love that new design book.

hugs
Sissie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I can't believe they are even allowed to sell lead handled anything! But you got some wonderful buys for sure!

Gail said...

Beautiful wine holder Kathy! It makes you wonder how many things we purchase that has lead into it and we just don't know about it. That little rabbit candle holder is so cute. I'm sure you will find the perfect spot for it. Enjoy your weekend Kathy, Gail

Kathleen said...

I was at the PB WS outlet yesterday too. They had the bunny candle you bought, but I passed. I was tempted to buy the whie bunny plates, but resisted that too. No bargains like I got before Easter at 4 for 25 cents! I did find a few things in WS for 75 off. That 's the only time to buy.
Like your wine cabinet! Did you have your 20 off coupon?

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- What great finds. I can't believe PB is taking the time to tag everything with a tag like that- Why not just pay a tad more and have the hardware replaced with something without lead. Unbelieveable!

Love all the images you found for everyone! And, that was so nice of your sil- She "gets it". xo Diana

Our Hopeful Home said...

I so wish we had a PB outlet anywhere near us, but no such luck! Love your purchases (esp. the bunny)!

xoxo
Kathleen

CosmoGirl Carla said...

A few great finds, Kathy. I am just as shocked as you about the lead on the knobs of that wine chest. That's nuts!

Sounds like you had a nice visit with your SIL. What a nice little gift she left you. How thoughtful.

Have a fabulous weekend!

My Beautiful World said...

Wonderful finds my friend so happy to be back visiting you again it has been way to long. I have enjoyed reading all your past posts I have missed so much. I'm back in recovery and loving looking up on my fav blogger friend. Hope you have a great weekend.

Always Wendy

Debbiedoos said...

Looks like a great day Kathy. Pretty soon we will not be able to walk out our doors and breath the air. I have been seeing more warning labels too lately. Have a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...