Monday, April 30, 2012

A Treat From WUSLU

After seeing several bloggers {mostly Kelly and Kim ~ thank you, ladies!} getting things from WUSLU {which is now known as Décor Steals}, I went over and signed up.  Of course, I placed an order, too.   As a “thank you”, I was sent a couple of other deals to choose from and these wire cloches were one of them {I added that bird tag}.

DSC07202_6266

Well, having been on the look-out for wire cloches for over a year now, and at a great price, I snapped these up right away!   I believe it was $24.95 for the two of them.  The larger size is huge! I had to think where I could put them so that I could enjoy seeing them everyday.  I decided on this chest in our dining area.  This is what it looked like before I moved things around.

DSC07200_6264

Since we put the wine cabinet I spoke about getting from the PB outlet next to this chest, and since I still love my wine cork cloche, I just moved it to the top of the wine cabinet.  I thought that they suited each other considering it’s, you know, wine and wine corks.

DSC07227_6291

I put the larger wire cloche where the wine cork cloche had been and the smaller in the middle on top of a decorative book.  I realized my bird clock from Pier 1 fit right in with this scheme since there are birds on the top of the wire cloches, too. I love when things work out that way. 

DSC07203_6267

I used my second “thank you” offer ~ a nest and eggs from an assortment of large sized nests under the big one, although I think I’m going to find a topiary to put under there.  Update: I’ve already ordered one from Nancy in a brown and cream transferware, which I love.

DSC07208_6272

DSC07210_6274

Unfortunately, these nests are so big they will not fit under the smaller wire cloche, so I just put a little faux succulent arrangement in that one for now.  I think some moss or boxwood balls would look good, too.

DSC07216_6280

I am loving these and was happy with the price!

DSC07221_6285

Off to the side by the lamp is my little cloche from Antique Farmhouse.  The base matches the color of the wire cloches.

DSC07224_6288

Loving the new look and I got two new tabletop displays out of the deal!

DSC07220_6284

Linking up with

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

19 comments:

BECKY said...

Hey Kathy! It looks awesome! Love the wire birdy cloches, and how you've created a lovely vignette with them. I have thought about attempting to make my own. We'll see...tons of ideas...ounces of time!!

Hugs,
Becky

Blondie's Journal said...

I am loving your new cloches. I like the in wire and I, too, have been on the hunt for one. I think I have been to this website before after hearing about it on Kelly's blog. I like how you have styled this...the nest is darling!

XO,
Jane

Our Hopeful Home said...

I just got two very similar ones from Michaels for 40% recently, but no birds on the top! I filled mine with shredded vintage paper for the time being. I wanted to use nests, too, but don't have any as of yet! I was going to blog about them, but they're just not quite right yet! Thanks for sharing your ideas, yours look great. (I swear I saw yours advertised by Antique Farmhouse as well.)

Kathleen

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Beautiful! I'm a WUSLU (Decor Steals) fan too!

Tricia said...

Loved seeing your unique wire cloches with the little birds perched on top! You are going to have FUN playing with those in every season!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love them both. What a great find and you did such a fantastic job of decorating with them. They look perfect on the chest. Great price too. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Olive said...

I love the wire bird cloches. I had a friend give me one sans bird the other day.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They make a great addition to your vignette, Kathy.

Jodie said...

Love your new cloches. The succulents looks perfect in there.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my...I love those new wire cloches you got! They were a bargain!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
The cloches look great! And, you've placed them perfectly!!
I've ordered a few things from them and so far I'm happy with most. One pillow I ordered was a dissappointment because it was so small. I should have looked at the dimensions!

hugs
Sissie

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- I love your new wire cloches. The bird nest in the one is just darling. I like the succulents but I can see the other one with some moss balls in it, too. Lovely

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the bird cloches...I have one very similar...love it...but I painted mine from the rusty wire look to white.....you got an incredible deal...I believe I paid more for just one and you got two for a lesser price...Great deal Kathy...and they look great on the table!!

Blue Creek Home said...

Too cute, I love the wire cloches!
Rhonda

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, You always have the most beautiful displays in your home! The wire cloches were already beautiful by themselves. You've made them just gorgeous with everything that you added. *Sigh* Maybe someday I'll have that kind of decorative eye! ~ Jamie

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

This is very cute! You did a great job and I love the wire cloches. I'll have to check out WUSLU!

Gail said...

What a nice addition Kathy and you have displayed them so beautifully! I love all of WUSLU items but I have yet to order anything. Enjoy your day, Gail

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It looks beautiful Kathy! I cannot believe the price...that was an amazing price for both! They are such versatile pieces that they can be moved around anywere! Angie xo

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

These are so cute Kathy. I have two, which are similar but I like yours better! I did get a great deal so I can't complain I guess! I LOVE the table you've got them on to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...