Thursday, April 26, 2012

Look What I Got!

Have you been following along with Amy at Maison Décor and her shop series? Amy is fulfilling a lifelong dream ~ and I am living vicariously through her and the posts on her new shop.  Last week she showed these in one of her posts. {The next two pictures are from Amy’s blog}.

crowns

Love ‘em! I’ve been looking for something that I can use as a crown over the bed in the master and hadn’t seen anything I liked until I saw Amy’s post.  They are both lovely, but I got this one. You have to see how Amy dressed up the one I didn’t pick for her shop! Gorgeous!

crown.1

I told Amy I'd be interested if and when she is ready to sell them.  Amazing Amy {who seems so tireless} got right back to me and I bought it within 24 hours of her post! She shipped it right out to me ~ even with everything she’s got going on right now.  If you didn’t know it before, then you can know it now, that her customer service is obviously top notch!

DSC07177_6241

DSC07178_6242

DSC07180_6244

Now I just need to find some fabric for it to go with our master.  Keeping in mind that the walls are beige and I don’t want the fabric to blend in, I’m thinking to go a similar way to what Amy did either using this ticking with ties. 

ticking fabric

Or ~ I found a picture of a toile very similar to one I already have ~ in a color called Cypress.  I probably have enough to do a ruffled valance type piece for the front.  The Cypress color seems to go very well with the Duck Egg Blue color I have in this room.  I do love this toile!

toile fabric

Do I do tie on panels alone or tie on panels and a ruffled valance?  Here are some pictures I found for inspiration.

Pinned Image

Bedrooms

Pinned Image

{These are all on my Pinterest board with sources}

I’m liking the simplicity of the panels with ties and I like toile over ticking {if I had to make a choice}.   What do you think?  What would you do if it were your room {as far as fabric for the crown}?  Here are some pictures of our bedroom.

DSC06407_5510

DSC06411_5514

Don’t forget my Pick Your Plum giveaway going on through midnight tonight! This is for $75.00 worth of swag! You can see some pictures of previous giveaway items on that blog post.

 

Technorati Tags: ,

14 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love Amy and her style. Her shop is going to be fab.

Your crown is going to be fab too! Can't wait to see it with fabric.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I don't know. But it's going to be beautiful, I'm sure!
Brenda

Karena said...

Kathy I am so excited about you new crown for the master, I can't wait ti see the finish!!

Amy really is amazing!

....I wanted you to know...I am featuring Anita Rivera,Friend, Designer and Paper Artist with Castles Crowns & Cottages,on my site!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Love coronas! A check or stripe can looks so pretty with the toile, and your bedroom is perfect for such a look. This is a link with a couple other pictures of coronas with toile that I posted a while back.
http://www.thedecoratedhouse.blogspot.com/2010/06/decorating-bedroom-blue-yellow-and.html

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I just love Amy! She is just a really great person.

I love your crown and can't wait to see it done. I think I like the 2nd one best but they are ALL gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do! xo Diana

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

These are great inspiration pics, Kathy. I know whatever you do will be lovely. I did something similiar to this in my daughter's room when she was little. It's such a pretty, romantic look.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, the crown will be beautiful over your bed. I don't have a clue as how to attach the fabric to it. I'll be looking forward to seeing it in your bedroom.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

It's been so fun following Amy's shop series. Love the crown you choose. Whatever you do it will look fabulous. I love the idea of combining the ticking and toile.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a great idea, Kathy- it will look stunning!!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

The added ruffle would look beautiful with your fabric. I love the crown.

Dee

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Oh, it's going to be gorgeous. I'm liking the toile, Kathy. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I've been following you and Maison Decor for a while now and enjoy all your posts. Twelve years ago I had a shop like Amy's. so it has been very interesting for me to watch her post. Now I have a little cottage on my property that my daughters and I sell refurbished furniture. We are trying to get our blog to look better, we are going to have Simple Klassic Designs help us out.
Thanks for all your imput.
Faye
The Shabby Cottage

Lori said...

I am a new follower now. I love the crown idea. I have been researching them and my daughter wants to put one each of her baby beds for the new nursery. Twins, we will need two. I googled and saw the one you bought, I follow Maison Decor too. Might have to drop her a line. We saw some in Canton, TX and drat, didn't know she was pregant at the time, now they are sold out. Can't wait to see yours. Lori

Amy Chalmers said...

Well I am just seeing this now~I had my head under water at the time you ordered the crown!! But I have to say I LOVE the toile...and am so excited to see it done! Will you post a finished pic of it on my MaisonDEcor Blog page on Facebook? I would love others to see how pretty is with your fabric panels in the toile (in my fav color too)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...