Friday, May 14, 2010

The 90’s Called ~ They Want Their Pictures Back

These pictures in my kitchen needed to be changed out.  I hate to take things down, though, when I don’t have something on hand to take their place right that very minute.  

IMG_5941_3157

Then I remembered the framed chalkboard I found that someone was throwing out.  I wrote about that here.  It’s been sitting in the garage covered up this whole time!

IMG_5944_3160

So, the pictures came down.  Very blank wall ~ yes?

IMG_5945_3161

I measured the distance from the floor up; I measured the distance between the two D rings; and I used those OOK hooks.  I even used the laser level to make sure everything was copacetic. 

IMG_5948_3164

I love it!  I think it makes for a nice change.  Now I just need to get some chalk, and come up with something cute and witty to write on there and we’ll be all set.  I’m thinking those chalk pens I’ve been hearing so much about.

IMG_5947_3163

Total cost for this change = $0.00.

And those pictures I took down ~ well, they will be undergoing a transformation and getting reused in another way.

Don’t forget the Cottage Charm Giveaway is still going on!  It ends May 29th so there is still time to enter my giveaway.

Linking this post up with Frugalicious Friday hosted by the lovely Jane of Finding Fabulous.

Frugaliciou$_Friday_button

18 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

That chalkboard has a great frame and looks great on your wall! I remember Lynette Jennings saying on her show...a good 15 years ago or more :) that a touch of black works in every room. There is your touch of black. I think it looks great!

One Cheap B*tch said...

Looks great!!!!! Chalkboard paint pens? Do tell!

J

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Don't you just love it when you have just the the right accessory and you don't have to spend a dime!!! Perfect!!!!

xxoo

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Oh yes, much better!

As for your out of date art - I find you can often change the mat or frame to achieve a completely updated look.

:)
ButterYum

Heather Henderson said...

cute! it reminds of those big menu boards some restaurants do.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I really like the weight the chalkboard brings to the wall and it fills up the space better than the pictures did. I can't believe the things you all (in blogland) find in the trash...crazy!!!!! Janell

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love it!! It looks absolutely perfect!! copacetic ~ I am impressed! I had to look that word up! Very satisfactory or acceptable; fine. See? I learned something while I was here!

Have a great weekend girl!

Lou Cinda :)

Blondie's Journal said...

I want a chalkboard!! Actually I want wall space to put one up! Love it, Kathy. BTW...are your walls sponged? I love the shade!

xoxo
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the chalk board. It looks super. Hugs, Marty

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That's a great place for a chalkboard Kathy! I think I may have had that exact set of flower prints!

Have a great weekend!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Kathy, I think it looks great!!! I would love to have a chalk board in my kitchen, but I just don't have any more room! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings~~~Daphne

Heathahlee said...

Love it! How much does chalkboard paint cost? I was at Lowe's last night and found some but it was $12 a quart! That seems expensive. Am I just being cheap? : )

Kim said...

Looks great Kathy! What a difference it makes in the room!
xoxo,
Kim

Unknown said...

Looks awesome! And the best part is you didn't have to pay for it!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

The chalkboard looks great Kathy! I think the scale is better than the prints for that wall. I'm very curious about those chalkboard pens, they sound most interesting!!
Hugs,
Karen

KimMalk said...

It looks great, Kathy! I also read on someones blog that you can get the chalk slightly wet before you write to get more "crispness". (sorry if you already knew that)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great idea. It looks great there too Kathy! Very resourceful! I really want some of those chalkboard pens. I keep forgetting to order some!


XOOX
Jen

Jill said...

Very nice! Great place to write the "Daily Dish". =)
~ Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...