Friday, May 28, 2010

A Great Find at Ballard Design

This is the second time I am drafting this post, having deleted the first one.  I’ll tell you why at the end.

I was searching Ballard Design online for merchandise for a client and somehow {I don’t know} I wound up buying these Christmas stockings for myself.

ballard.stocking

Ballard Design

One side says “Naughty” and the other side says “Nice”.  I bought two so I could show each side and put them on a second mantel we have in our little den.   They are 13 wide x 25 long; a nice decent size.

stocking.ballard

Ballard Design

$4.99 a stocking.  Yup, $4.99 at Ballard Designs!  Regularly $12.00 each.  I would have liked the stand, too, but that is $49.99 and a bit much for me.

I deleted my original post on this because the day after I placed the order I got a voicemail message from Ballard saying that they were sorry but these stockings were sold out.  Two days later I get an email from Ballard saying they were shipped.  They came Wednesday. 

Linking up to:

Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous

18 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Cool I love them!

Design Esquire said...

Ha! It seems like it was fate then. I'm glad they found a good home!

Jane said...

Those are wonderful Christmas stockings, and what a great price!! Would chat more but I'm off to Ballard's web site!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Christina said...

That is a great deal! I guess this is the time of year to shop for Christmas.

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Ha that's funny...that simply means they were meant for you! They are so cute, what a deal!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, I saw these in Ballard's catalog around Christmas and thought they were really cute. You got a great deal!
Hugs,
Sherry

One Cheap B*tch said...

Shocked that Ballard had anything that affordable! Very nice (or naughty depending on the mood you're in - lol!).

J

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Lucky you! A classic example of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing! Either that or the stock boy made an error in his calculations!

Either way, these are so cute!!

Merry Christmas!

Lou Cinda :)

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Kathy~
I remember seeing those. They are so cute and fun! Let's you decide which mood you want to be in for the day. :)
Happy Weekend!
Donna

Painted Preppy said...

Those are adorable, love the price too!

SusanFantsyFacade said...

I LOVE those stockings. What a great idea. They are cute, they are funny, they are bodacious! Love, love love them ...

Unknown said...

I saw those at Christmas time. Love them. Great idea to shop out of season. Great deals.
Thanks for sharing.
Brooke

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kathy, oh, I love Ballards! Your stockings are so cute, and your right some of the best buys come out of season!
xo,
Debra

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I've always liked those stockings and you got a great deal and.....you got them! Lucky you!

DesignTies said...

Cute stockings :-) If they were mine, the Naughty side would always be facing out!! ;-)

Have fun gardening and reading this weekend :-)

Kelly

Pamela said...

Those are adorable! What a steal!

Unknown said...

Omg! I have had that happen so many times! I hate it when manufacturers do that! But at least you have a great story to tell. Hahaha

The French Bear said...

They are so sweet, funny how the glitches in the system make us upset one minute and then happy the next!! At least you got them!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...