Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It’s A Wrap!

My little craft area in our garage was repositioned and actually works out to my benefit.  I now have shelves above the little table/cart that I claimed as my own, and I’ve been “decorating” my space!  More on that to come in a future post.  I hope you can bear another monogram/letter post because I really needed to do something creative and this was quick and easy.

IMG_5892_3098

One of the items I decided to use to add a little “me” into the mix, were these “P” letters I had purchased from Michaels awhile ago.  The little ones were in a clearance box that I sat down on the floor and went through.  I think they were $.25 each.  And how cool ~ they’re magnetic!

IMG_5915_3133

I took some wrapping paper that I bought through Hobby Lobby online and turned the letters face side down on the back side of the wrapping paper.  Trace and cut out.  I used Mod Podge to attach the paper to the letters.  Apparently, wrapping paper likes to roll up when it’s been Mod Podged, so I had to work fast.

IMG_5926_3136

Two coats on top once it was dry and done!  You know how I like these quick projects.  I always feel like I accomplished something major.  The little ones were so small it was hard to get a pattern from the pink paper on it, but I was able to line up the Eiffel Tower on the larger “P” and get a good amount of the pattern on there.

IMG_5930_3138

IMG_5932_3140

Don’t forget wrapping paper when considering some paper crafts!  There are some really pretty designs.

The Cottage Charm Giveaway is still running ~ don’t forget to enter!

Linking up to Be Inspired at Room To Inspire and Make It Yours Day at My Backyard Eden.

20 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

I am totally jealous of your shelves in your workspace. Boy, could I use more!!

Lovin' the P's.

Rhonda

One Cheap B*tch said...

Love that paper! Thanks, now I have to head over to HL to scope it out! =)

Averill said...

Very cute! I love easy projects that involve cute wrapping paper.

Recaptured Charm said...

I just love those letters. I keep meaning to pick up some and then forget.. until I see these kinds of cute projects! I'm a sucker for anything with an Eiffel Tower on it too.
Come by www.recapturedcharm.com. Im having a blogiversary giveaway. A sterling silver/gem pendant is up for grabs. Would love to see you there!
Lisa

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

That's fabUlous paper, Kathy! We don't have HL here :(

I'm with you with quick and easy projects!!! I've been wanting to decorate my space in the garage but I think my hubby will freak. He says that's the only room in the house that's his, LOL

xxoo

Melissa Miller said...

Kathy the letters are beautiful! I adore black and white. Precious! :)

Unknown said...

Love those letters. Every time I see these posts with the letters I want some and just don't know where to put them. I think I will just get some and worry about that later. I love yours with the Eiffel Tower. So neat.
Brooke

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a cute project!!! I love the letters~~~ so cute! Blessings...Daphne

The Tuscan Home said...

Adorable! Love how the letters turned out! ~Liz

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

WATCH YOUR "MOUTH"...of COURSE we can and embrace more monogram posts!!!! You can NEVER have enough posts about monograms, anything harlequin and any other fabulousness.

Elyse said...

greetings, kathy!

just found your great blog. this is a wonderful project and the paper is fabulous!

xo
elyse

Shell said...

Okay Missy! Shut UP! Those letters are just TOO cute!!! Acck! Well, you know I'm a paper junkie by now, how fabulous! Wanna come "Do" my studio???

Hugs and thanks for sharing! Fantastic!

Shell

Maria Killam said...

Wow that looks so great! Love it!

Nancy said...

Hi Kathy!
What a Great Idea!! I am thinking ondoing something like that with some letters I bought. Never thought of using Gift wrap.
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com

Creations from my heart said...

Kathy love your letters and the wrapping paper. I have to check that out at Hobby Lobby. I had fun scrolling throw your lstest posts. I've been so busy with my drapery business that I haven't had time to brouse lately. I also love the signs that you will be adding to your shop. Also your chair that you skirted for your vanity is a great idea. I want to try it out with some tulle for the Tea Castle.
Thanks for always stopping by. I love to see what you are up to.
Blessings...Sherry

Jane B. said...

quick and easy paper crafts are my favorite! These letters look great! Thanks for sharing.

Jane
FF

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Kathy,
I love the pink and black! The Paris paper is just perfect! The P's turned out lovely.

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

These are too cute Kathy! I love that you found them for 25 cents what a deal!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, These turned out so cute. I love the wrapping paper you used. I have looked everywhere for similar harlequin paper. I am off to Hobby Lobby on-line.
Hugs,
Sherry

Room to Inspire said...

I love these - especially the since my last name starts with a "P" as well! Great papers - I will have to take a better look at wrapping paper from now on.

Chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...