Thursday, May 6, 2010

Frugal Vacation Finds

Our mini-vacation to Pennsylvania wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the outlets!   I love going to the outlets.  Of course, some of them charge the same prices as their regular stores, so we skipped a few.  I won’t share every little thing I got {like the baby clothes I picked up for my future granddaughter $1.00 - $5.00 a piece, and I spent  $50.00 for at least 10-12 items of clothing}.

rockvale-outlet-centers

Among the many stores we hit, I found a Calico Corners Outlet!  I know.  Like I need more fabric.  I do wish we had one of those here though!

calicocorners.flickr

Calico Corners Outlet ~ Picture from Flickr

Not only did they have small yardages available, but also furniture, trims, full bolts of fabric and window treatment floor samples at great prices.  Here’s what I got. 

IMG_5788_3009

They had these small bundles of coordinating fabrics in all different colors.  This one caught my eye with the pretty pinks and greens.  I haven’t opened them up yet, but it looks like good size pieces and maybe you could get two pillows out of this.  This was $2.00 with 15% off!

IMG_5791_3012

I found this great vintage looking fabric.  A yard for $8.00 {plus 15% off} and I’m sure I’ll find something to make with it. 

IMG_5792_3013

I got these fabrics for my Mom.  I know she wants to do something French in her house and I thought these would be perfect.  I’d love to do some kind of window treatment with this toile that will fully show off the picture.  Maybe valances.  The plaid goes really well with it ~ the same colors are in both fabrics. 

IMG_5793_3014

IMG_5796_3017

And this trim to go with them.

IMG_5797_3018

IMG_5799_3020

I spent a total of $52.00 at the Calico Corners Outlet and got all the fabrics and trims shown here.  Everything was 15% off!

The other great buy I wanted to share were these napkins from Pottery Barn Outlet.  They go with my dining room and were $4.99 each, plus 40% off. 

IMG_5789_3010  

IMG_5790_3011

Love those outlets and I love frugal finds even when I’m on vacation!

Linking up with Frugalicious Friday.

Frugaliciou$_Friday_button

21 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh what fun! I love all of the fabric! I think you found some great buys! Can't wait to see what you make. :)
Blessings,
Sandra

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Amazing! I am totally jealous! I love the fabric you found and the trim is just gorgeous. I cant believe you luck on those napkins. You are just one frugal fab gal!

Anonymous said...

Kathy.. I am not too far from there.. and have hit it up myself! Deadly huh?
Smiles~
Cat

Leanne said...

I hoep you're having a great time away from it all. I can't wait to see everything you make with the fabric you bought. I love it all.

Anonymous said...

I would love to go into a Calico Corners outlet!! We don't even have a regular Calico Corners here where I live :( Great finds.

daphne said...

Oh Kathy, what fun to go shopping for fabric, one of my favorite things to shop for. I know you will come up with some good uses for this beautiful fabric. Hugs~~~ Daphne

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hey Kathy, looks like you got some great stuff! I love the PB outlet up there. I wish I get there more often. It's really not a far drive, about an 1-1/2 hours for me, but just don't get up there enough.

The Calico Corners outlet must be pretty new. Don't remember that one last time I was there. Definitely gotta get up there to check them out real soon!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great fabric, and great prices!! We can still look even on vacation....Kathy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

WOW, now those are great finds!!! Looking forward to seeing what you make with the fabric!

xxoo

Design Esquire said...

What great finds! I would have gone WILD in a Calico Corners outlet. Absolutely wild. I love the PB napkins too.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Welcome back! Great finds! You know of course there is a PB Outlet 30 minutes from your house, right?! =)

J

Kate said...

gorgeous fabrics, makes me want to get out there too and find a bargain. Saturday tomorrow so maybe I will. :)

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Love you blog! You've been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Check out my blog to see!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Kathy, ack!! A Calico Corners outlet, how FuN. You bought some great fabrics and trim, your Mom's home will be stunning using them. What a treat. xo Lidy

Pamela said...

Calico Corners has outlets!? I am soo totally jealous! Glad you had a great time now off to see where those outlets are!:)

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Kathy,
I love those outlets with so many great finds!
Thanks for the nice comment on "My Favorite Outdoor Space". Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Wow! A fabric outlet! I never knew they were around. Wish I had one close to me. Love the fabrics you chose. Can't wait to see what you do with it all! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, I've got major outlet envy!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I did not know that Calico Corners had an outlet. Wow, I would have fun in there. Looks like you did too.
I am lovin that toile fabric, it's delicious.

Love everything you got. You are going to be sewin up a storm, girl!

hugs

Heathahlee said...

Calico Corners OUTLET??? Be still my heart! I loved the fabric but then the fringe made me drool! : )

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I never knew Calico Corners had an outlet. I would have spent hours in there! All the fabric you purchased is wonderful but my favorite is the little pink bundle for $2.00!
Hugs,
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...