Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Supply Swap ~ What I Sent

I previously shared that I joined in on my first swap party when I signed up for the Spring Supply Swap at The Shabby Chic Cottage, and I showed what my partner for the swap, Leslie at Goodbye House, Hello Home sent me.

Spring Supply Swap

Leslie is an interior decorator like me.  The great thing about the swap {besides getting supplies} is that you get to meet other bloggers and learn more about them.  I was able to learn what Leslie liked and her hobbies to fill up the box I put together for her with supplies.  

hellohome

I wanted to share with you the box I put together for Leslie.  I found out that Leslie received her package so I’m not ruining the surprise.  I wanted to put everything in a nice box and decided to make one using this envelope box.

IMG_5629_2907

I couldn’t use it like this, so I painted it with Heirloom White paint first.

IMG_5644_2946

Leslie mentioned that she liked birds, so I found a scrapbook paper I had recently bought and put that on the lid.  A couple of images I had printed out were put on the two short sides.  I used Mod Podge to put them on the box. 

IMG_5755_2999

IMG_5749_2996

IMG_5751_2998

Then the fun of filling it came!   A chair pincushion and a couple of tags.

IMG_5765_3005

A lovely image of a bird with some writing {looks like a journal entry}; great used for one of her own decoupage projects or even to frame, since it is on photo paper.

IMG_5759_3003

Leslie also mentioned that she liked toile, so in went a bit of toile fabric and a pretty floral fabric. 

IMG_5761_3004

There are also a bunch of little things underneath these larger supplies; a couple of Altoid tins, some little bits of trim, label holders, paper embellishments, etc.  I hope she likes everything!

IMG_5758_3002

Thank you for putting this together, Gina!  This was fun and I would definitely be up for another swap!  

Also, don’t forget to enter the blogwide Cottage Charm Giveaway!  It ends May 29, 2010, so there is still plenty of time to enter the plethora of giveaways!

11 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Good Morning Kathy!
I am in love with that little chair pink cushion and the toile fabric!!! Girl, you sure know how to put together a great box of goodies.

Have a wonderful week.

hugs
Sissie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I KNOW she'll love everything you sent, Kathy!!

xxoo

Unknown said...

Well, I bet she loved that box of surprises. Love the variety and especially the pin cushion. Great job.
Brooke

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Hey there!
I am posting right now about my new things from you!
It'll be up in a little bit!
~Leslie

Sherri Blum, CID said...

What a great idea! Must have been so exciting digging into your box of goodies. Something so neat has to really make your day. Love it!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Dear Kathy, that box you've created is just beyond gorgeous...and I love those flowery items...big congrats!

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far my dear friend.

Cheers: Evi

One Cheap B*tch said...

Very nice - I would have loved everything you sent!

J

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Kathy, What a great idea to paint and mod podge that box! Love the bird motif too, you sent some wonderful goodies, anything "bird" makes me drool!
xo,
Debra

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a wonderful ideal to decorate the box up, and such great goodies inside!!!
Daphne

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great box of goodies. I love the way you decorated the box.
Blessings,
Traci

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful box of goodies. I did not know you could paint a box and I have some just like that! I'm going to get myself some heirloom white paint. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...