Monday, May 31, 2010

Updating A Picture

I had a couple of old pictures that were just being stored {i.e. banished to the basement}.  I must have thought I’d do something with them at some point to keep them. 

IMG_6090_3261

IMG_6089_3260

“Something” came along.   

DaretoDream Welcome

These are a couple of the new prints I am carrying in my boutique and I wanted to show you how I updated my pictures using them.  I’ll  be doing the “Dare to Dream” print for this post.  First, I took the old pictures apart and spray painted the frames with a black satin Rustoleum paint.

IMG_6092_3263

IMG_6095_3266

For the “Dare to Dream” print, I decided I wanted to hang it in my craft area and I needed something to fill the background up, as the picture was narrower than the backing.  I used that versatile harlequin wrapping paper that I bought from Hobby Lobby online.

IMG_6096_3253

IMG_6100_3257

Here is the finished piece!  An updated piece of art that I’ll be hanging on my wall instead of storing in my basement!  I’m not sure if I like it on top of the harlequin paper, since I have the harlequin in the background of the print.

IMG_6104_3250

I have a couple of other posts coming to show the use of the different prints I’m carrying in my boutique so you can see a few ways that you can use them.

Linking up with the following linky parties:

It’s So Very Creative at It’s So Very Cheri

Make It Yours Day at My Backyard Eden

18 comments:

Decorchick! said...

Kathy those look great!! I love that paper. Awesome job!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous redo. They look just wonderful. Such a creative idea. Hugs, Marty

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

You are so smart! I love this...wonderful and creative!

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful long weekend!

Happy Memorial Day!
Cathy

Sonny G said...

Kathy, that looks great. I need to look around and see what art I can work on..
thanks for sharing.
Sonny

Unknown said...

well aren't you creative!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Another perfect project performed by Miss Kathy!

I love the transformation and even like it hung over the harlequin paper. It makes the print appear suspended between glass.

Be sure to come by for a visit and join in on my three linky parties...starting tonight, June 1st.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Beautiful!
Love the makeover--esp. the harlequin ;)
I had to laugh, because I had the same 2nd picture you do- the floral one- it has a mate, too.
I changed out the posters with some I found at Hobby Lobby and gave them to a friend.
I didn't think of taking befores and afters like you did.
Stephanie from Angelic Accents won your giveaway, too?!
Some people have all the luck- I have never won anything- maybe I don't need it, I guess (this is what I tell myself to console myself).
Hugs to you!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful update, Kathy. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

The French Bear said...

Wonderful, you are a master of recreation!!! Love the harlequin!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

What a transformation!! When I was in Sutter Creek Saturday I saw some prints like the ones you have in your boutique. You would have LOVED this store!!! Everything Frenchy!!!

xxoo

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Great job - and budget friendly ! What's not to love?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a great use for those frames. That turned out great.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Fabulous transformation!

:)
ButterYum

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Those are so cute! I love the "Dare to Dream" one. What a good way to re-use something that would just be collecting dust!

Manuela

Room to Inspire said...

These transformed so nicely - I really need to get my hands on that great wrapping paper!

Chelsea

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Kathy~*Creative Home Expressions* is the perfect description for the designs you dream up from objects that would make others steer clear from. The seed boxes to these pictures...you've repurposed them into fine design that would would be wonderful in any home.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

mle said...

LOVE your updated frames!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, These turned out great! I just received the same harlequin paper I ordered from Hobby Lobby on-line. A new project will be coming soon.
xo, Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...