Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lightening Up The Dining Room

Here is a picture of my dining room and what it has looked like for the past year.  I like the copper colored sheers, but they still give a heavy feel to the dining room.  The sheers are usually covering the whole window, but for this shot my realtor took last year, we pushed them to the sides.  I’m feeling like I want a lighter feel for the Spring and Summer months.

dr

These windows are like my living room windows ~ long and they face the front of the house.  In fact, my front brick walkway to the front door is right outside these windows.  Without some kind of window treatment there is no avoiding anyone who comes to the door! 

IMG_5715_2982

I found these linen panels on Target’s website for $24.99 a panel and the sheers were $4.99.  I still need to find clip rings to fit this pole, but it works for now.

IMG_5721_2987

I am definitely liking all the light coming in and the simplicity of this treatment.  So much more casual for the Summer months.

21 comments:

Design Esquire said...

I really like it! It makes the space seem brighter. And when you move, those panels will work anywhere. Great find!

Averill said...

I agree -- it looks great, Kathy!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Your panels and sheers really do lighten up your space and at such great prices, why not? Looks great!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the new linen panels. They look gorgeous. It really does give the room a lighter look. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Something so simple can make such a difference! I really like your shades on your light fixture!

Your package went out yesterday :)

xxoo

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I really like the sheers midway up your window. Much brighter!

Vanessa said...

I really like the look of this as well. This is similar to window treatment I do. I love two simple panels with a sheer in between, so much nicer looking than blinds!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Kathy, this is beautiful....this really made a difference in lightening up the room for the summer. I love the way the sheers are positioned on the window part of the way down for your privacy.

LuLu♥

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I really like the new panels. They do give it a lighter feeling for summer. I also liked your other post on the square frames. I never thought about checking out Big Lots!

Lynn said...

Hi Kathy! I really like the new and lighter look in your room that you've created! The heavier treatment still looks great for the cooler, winter weather though. I've got to find some lighter draperies for in my livingroom also..

Blessings,
~Lynn

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I like the new look a lot!! Enjoy, Janell

Unknown said...

That is a great change for summer. I like it alot. You will enjoy the change anyway, it feels fresh and new.
Brooke

The Tuscan Home said...

Nice panels! =) Enjoy the new look! ~Liz

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Your diningroom looks very pretty. I think the sheers adding a lighter look to the room.

hugs
Sissie

One Cheap B*tch said...

Welcome back - looking good! And happy anniversary! I wanted to say it now in case I forgot!

xo, J

Jane said...

The curtains look really nice. I especially like the sheers that add some privacy but still let in so much light.
Jane

Absolutely Ladylike said...

I love this new solution dear Kathy! Lovely curtains...Enjoy it .-)

Hope your week is lovely so far...

Cheers: Evi

The French Bear said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the new look and the lighter feel, although I do love that copper fabric..... would make some stunning cushions or something!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the new curtains! They really do give a lighter feel to that room.

Manuela

Melissa Miller said...

Kathy it looks so beautiful and very airy! Great job! *Smiles* ~Melissa

Angie said...

I think they look great and I love the harlequin shades on your chandy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...